Our New Driver Safety Course includes Professional
Driving Instruction in the Los Angeles Area.
Behind the Wheel
The California DMV requires 6 hours of behind the wheel professional driving instruction as a requirement to receive a provisional drivers license for individuals under 17 – 1/2 years of age.
Drivers instruction begins once the student obtains the CA DMV Learners Permit. Students spend a minimum of six hours with a licensed driving instructor in a car equipped with dual brakes for safety. To get your Learner’s Permit you must also have enrolled in Classroom Driver Education Training , or you must have completed Online Drivers School.
Students are required to take their first lesson with a certified instructor to validate their permit and within six months to complete the additional hours as well as 50 hours of practice driving with their parent or individual over 25 years of age.
Once you obtain your learners permit you will then contact our office to schedule your behind the wheel training. We will pick up from your home or school to start your training. These lessons are personalized one-on-one professional driving instruction with DMV-certified instructors. These behind the wheel trainings are scheduled in three two hour sessions.
During these sessions, the instructor will be going over the new driver safety training course lessons and teaching the student to become a safe, defensive driver. This driving instruction also includes specific work to prepare you to pass the the final DMV driving road test. We specialize in driving with nervous students and assist them with overcoming any fears to become a safe, confident driver.
We offer both male and female instructors to assist you in enhancing your skills whether it is a first time student or a student who needs a brush up lesson. We also provide assistance with car rentals to take to the DMV for the final road test.
Our Behind the Wheel New Driver Safety Course is Only $289.00, including the DMV Certificate of Completion.
Ages 18 and over. 6 hrs Behind the Wheel Training Only $325.00.
Register Now with a Major Credit Card
Or, call us at
and Register on the Phone
“Thank you for allowing me to attend your driver education classroom. I thought the class would be boring. It was very informative and I learned a lot. The videos really increased my awareness as to what could happen. I now have a better understanding about being a responsible driver.”
- Clayton Smith
I just wanted to let you know that! Thanks to LA Excel Driving School I got 100% on my written test. The Driver’s Ed class really helped me to prepare for the test.
- Monica Simms
Register for our
Classroom Driver Education Training,
choose our Online Drivers School
and Combine it with our
Behind the Wheel Driving Instruction
to SAVE up to $19!
|Certicate of completion of Driver Education (Zoom)||
Certificate of Completion of Behind the wheel training.(Zoom)
How to Get Your CA Drivers License
If you are under 18 years of age and would like to obtain a provisional driver license, you must:
- Have your parent’s permission
- Complete 30 hours of Driver Education Training – either in a classroom, or via Online Drivers School. (Click here to sign-up)
- Must be 15 1/2 yrs old and Enroll in Behind-the-Wheel Driver Training.
- Call us to get your Enrollment Certificate.
- Pass permit test (must be at least 15 1/2 yrs. old and provide proof of completion of Driver Education and proof of enrollment in Driver Training to obtain permit).
- Have your permit for at least 6 months
- Complete 6 hours of Behind-the-Wheel Training.
- Be at least 16 years old and Pass the DMV Driving Test
- Teenagers under 17 1/2 must be enrolled in driver training prior to taking their permit test. Once you pre-register and prepay, LA Excel Driving School will issue a certificate of enrollment which is needed to take your learner’s permit test at the DMV.
- Our driving instruction school is located in Murrieta, CA and we provide the new driver behind the wheel safety course to students in Bonsail, Rainbow, Fallbrook, Canyon Lake, Gilman Hot Springs, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Lakeview, Menifee, Mountain Center, Murrieta, Nuevo, Quail Valley, Romoland, San Jacinto, Sun City, Temecula, Wildomar & Winchester. We will pick you up at home or school for your lesson and then drop you off when the lesson is complete.